Do You Need Neck Pain Treatment or Can You Prevent Computer Neck Pain?
After a long day at the office, do you ever feel pain and stiffness in your neck or back?
You’re not alone!
With so many people working at their computers for hours on end, pain seems almost inevitable.
However, you might not need to schedule an appointment with your Douglasville chiropractor for back or neck pain treatment right away. Your chiropractor can help you find ways to prevent the pain in the first place.
An Important Part of Drug-Free Pain Management Is Prevention
If you could take steps to prevent pain, you would, right? Of course! Thankfully, there are multiple steps you can take to stay comfortable while working at your computer desk all day.
- Take Regular Breaks – Get up and walk around every hour. Do whatever you can to keep your muscles loose throughout the day.
- Practice Good Ergonomics – You should bend your elbows and knees at 90-degree angles, with your feet flat on the floor. If necessary, use a footrest.
- Get a Good Computer Chair – Your computer chair should be adjustable. Take the time to get just the right fit for your body.
- Transition to a Standing Desk – Sitting for too long can cause a plethora of musculoskeletal issues. Reduce your risk of pain and stiffness by alternating between standing and sitting at your desk.
- Talk to Your Douglasville Chiropractor –Dr. Hatthaway, who knows all too well what it’s like to be in pain, can help you find a good ergonomic system and provide exercise recommendations that will help reduce pain and stiffness.
What to Do When You Really Need Back or Neck Pain Treatment in Douglasville
If you’re already in pain, seeing your chiropractor for neck or back pain treatment is imperative. Getting treatment as soon as possible from Dr. Hattaway at Health for Life Chiropractic will do much to reduce your discomfort and reduce your risk for more serious, long-term injury.
Do you experience chronic neck or back pain? Contact us right away at 770-489-0187 for a consultation regarding drug-free pain management options.
Posted In: Chiropractic